EarthQuaker Devices Tone Job V2 EQ and Boost Pedal
***Ships to Continental US only***
EQ & Boost
THINK: Clean / Hi-Fi / Interactive Controls / Versatile / Utilitarian / Useful w/ Acoustic Instruments
- Boosts up to 5x the input signal
- +/- 20dB gain
- Clean boost
- 9-18 volts, lots of headroom full frequency response
- High fidelity
This compact Boost & EQ device is based around the tone-shaping options available in old audiophile-grade stereo preamps, making it a great addition to your pedalboard, no matter what instrument you play.
So what does that mean, exactly? It means that you’ll hear full frequency response from your Tone Job everywhere you plug it in – guitar, bass, drum machine, synthesizers, steel drums, harpsichord, kazoo, car stereo, or wherever!
The Tone Job has active EQ controls for Bass, Mid and Treble, with up to 20 dB of cut or boost, which is handy for pairing up with other pedals in your chain to breathe new life into old dirt. Unlike boring old graphic EQs, the Tone Job’s EQ controls are interactive, so you can experiment with different settings to alter the response and overall feel of the device, getting your tone out of the lunchroom and back on the clock.
Place the Tone Job at the beginning of your chain to alter the overall character of your guitar, or use it at the end to boost output at the end of a long cable run and fine-tune your tone. The Level control on the Tone Job can boost your signal up to 5x the original input level, so you’ll always be heard, and makes for a fantastic solo and/or clean boost!
- Level: Post EQ volume control. Can boost the signal up to 5x the input. Unity is around 10 o’clock.
- Treble: The center position is flat and marked with a center detent in the potentiometer. All settings above this point boost the treble and all settings below cut treble.
- Bass: The center position is flat and marked with a center detent in the potentiometer. All settings above this point boost the bass and all settings below cut bass.
- Middle: The center position is flat and marked with a center detent in the potentiometer. All settings above this point boost the middle and all settings below cut middle.
APPROXIMATE FREQUENCY RESPONSE
Treble affects frequencies from around 2k Hz up, Bass affects frequencies from around 500 Hz down. The Middle is an adjustable resonant filter acting as a midrange control with its center frequency around 1k Hz. Treble and bass response are dependent on Middle control settings.
- Current Draw: 21 mA
- Dimensions: 4.75" x 2.50" x 2.25"
- Lifetime Guarantee
- Built by hand in USA