GAMECHANGER AUDIO THIRD MAN RECORDS PLASMA COIL
***Ships to Continental US only***
Third Man Hardware and Gamechanger Audio announce the PLASMA Coil, a special version of the PLASMA Pedal created by Gamechanger Audio and Third Man Records.
The PLASMA Coil is used by Jack White on the Raconteurs’ latest album Help Us Stranger, in the subsequent tour and upcoming projects. At its heart is Gamechanger’s innovative High Voltage Distortion technology that expresses audio signal as a series of electrical discharges. Even though they’ve been printing the words: “High Voltage Rock’n’Roll” on t-shirts since 1973, PLASMA Distortion is the first commercial musical device that literally amplifies the audio signal to 3500 Volts. Plasma Coil takes High Voltage distortion to new heights by adding multiple Octave-style circuits, and an additional Effects footswitch that can be toggled as latching or momentary.
Simplified Signal Chain: Input -> EQ -> Octave/Effect -> Transformer to High Voltage -> Xenon Tube -> Antenna that picks up the electromagnetic vibrations surrounding the Tube -> Output
The power supply is not included in the box. Plasma Coil uses a standard 9V DC center-negative pedal power supply of at least 250 mA.
The expected life of the xenon tube is 10,000 to 70,000 hours of active playing.
High Voltage PLASMA Distortion circuit converts the audio signal into a series of Electrical discharges at 3.5 kV.Main Features
- 2 EQ Controls to boost or cut LOW and HIGH frequencies;
- VOLTAGE Knob – adjusts the amount of electrical current sent to the PLASMA Tube.
- EFFECT Knob allows you to select 1 of 6 different Special EFFECT types:
- Volume Boost
- 2 Subharmonic modes (Bitcrush-style Octave Down)
- 1 Upper Harmonic mode (Octafuzz-style Octave Up)
- 2 Mixed modes (Upper and Lower harmonics combined)
- EFFECT Footswitch – engages the PLASMA COIL’s special effect circuit.
- Master VOLUME Knob – cuts or boosts the Output Signal level.
- ON/OFF silent footswitch.
- Effect Footswitch TOGGLE – configure EFFECTS Footswitch as a latching ON/OFF switch or as a Momentary switch.
- Pedal Type: Distortion, Octave Fuzz
- Analog/Digital: Analog with Xenon Tube
- Inputs: 1 x 1/4" TS
- Outputs: 1 x 1/4" TS
- True Bypass: Yes
- EQ: 2-band EQ
- Controls: 6 x Effects Modes, Voltage
- Features: Momentary/Latch Switch Settings
- Power Source: 9V DC 300mA power supply (sold separately)
- Height: 2.75"
- Width: 3.77"
- Depth: 5.82"
- Weight: 1.8 lbs.
- Manufacturer Part Number: GCAPCO